Tuesday, August 12, 2008

More Addition of a different kind!!!

So as some of you may already know we are expecting a baby:) My due date is Feb. 13 and I'm 13 weeks along! After the trouble we've had these past 10 months finally hearing a heartbeat was wonderful! Because I had 2 miscarriages (one in Nov. and one in Feb.) my doctor referred me to the recurrent pregnancy loss clinic at BC Women's Hospital. Just after I found out I was pregnant I had to have 3 blood tests, one a week, just to make sure my hormone levels were rising properly. Than at what I thought was 7 weeks I had my first ultrasound. Turns out I was only 6 weeks:( So either my dates were off or the baby wasn't growing properly. They wanted me to have 2 more ultrasounds after that. Each 2 weeks apart. Those were the longest 2 weeks ever! But when we saw the little heart beating Aaron and I both breathed a HUGE sigh of relief:) So I've now had 3 ultrasounds altogether, so far. We saw the midwife yesterday for the first time and got to hear the heartbeat. 160bpm's! A good strong heartbeat. I've definitely been more nauseous with this pregnancy than any other, but since I've hit 12 weeks that seems to have subsided, thank goodness! I will try and keep you updated with pictures.

3 comments:

Katie Vaino said...

Oh Stephie, I am so excited for you and Aaron! Your little baby looks so adorable already! Can't wait to see you and your growing belly again:)

Jenn & Wade said...

Congratulations, we are happy for you guys!

L&D said...

Yay for hitting that 12 week milestone! I know how hard it is and how afraid you can be after suffering previous miscarriages. Best of luck this time around. Truly, you are a blessed woman.