Monday, May 19, 2008

oops!

About the birthday post for mom... As we were driving on our way to the airport last week with my mom's sisters one of them asked how her birthday was and how old she was now. She said it was really nice and she was 48. My auntie Deo suddenly said from the front seat "no you're not 48 you're 47!" Mom thought about this for a second and realized she was right! We all got a big kick out of this and had a good laugh at mom's expence;) I guess she just gained back a whole year of her life in one instance.

2 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

That is so funny. . when I talked to your mom and asked her how old she was I thought to myself. . I thought there were more years between us. . .
That same thing happened to Terry when one year someone gave him a birthday card with the wrong year. . He just accepted the fact and then the next year never got a year older. . .He still fondly remembers that.

lil said...

THAT is SO funny!! Thanks for the good laugh!! But I think we do that, so we get 'used' to using a bigger number before we get there!! Ahhhh Flo!!