Tuesday, February 17, 2009

He's Here!!!
















Declan Timothy Trickett has finally arrived! He was born at 11:59pm on Valentine's Day! Weighing 8 lbs. Here's a little bit about his birth story. Saturday was a really long day for me, not because I was in labour all day but because I was a little depressed about being 1 day overdue, and having nothing to do on V. day :( I went for a good long walk with mom and Lilah in the morning, and tried to keep busy cleaning the house, like vacuuming. I was having cramping and maybe a contraction every half hour to one hour, but definitely not the real thing. At 9:30 pm I went to bed, had 2 more braxton hicks-like contractions and fell asleep. At 10:30pm I woke up having a very strong contraction the strongest yet and felt a pop. Sure enough my water had broken! Hallelujah:) Aaron was still awake and pretty excited when I told him. He went upstairs right away and told mom and dad. Mom came down and started timing my contractions for me. 2-3 min. apart so I paged the midwife. This was at around 11:10pm. Dad and Aaron got busy filling up the birthing pool which was already blown up in my bedroom and ready to go, it just needed water. The midwife arrived at 11:45pm and right around that time I had to start pushing! I was stuck on my bed on my side and there was no moving me to the pool! At a home birth there has to be two midwives present, one for mom and one for baby, well that 2ND one didn't make it in time. Declan was born at 12 midnight. Later the midwife checked her watch with her GPS satellite time and was a minute fast so he was born at 11:59pm! Can't argue with that:) I did need a few stitches, but am doing great! He's nursing beautifully and I couldn't have asked for a better baby. The first 2 nights have been hard but I was expecting that this time round so it was no surprise that he wanted to nurse for like 5 hours straight. I loved being at home and having my baby, and would highly recommend it. I don't think I would have even made it to the hospital if I had wanted to! Declan's nose was very crooked just like Lilah's but its getting much better! We are so in love already:0)

5 comments:

Katie Vaino said...

Declan is so sweet, I just love his little face! I am glad this baby has some hair:) Lilah is such a good older sister, she looks so proud! I am just anxious as anything to meet Declan as see you all again. Congrats everyone, I am such a proud Auntie!

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh Stephanie he is so cute. . .and we rejoice with you on his safe arrival. What a blessing that you gave birth with no complications.
I sure will make my way over to have a proper look at him and to hold him too .. .

L&D said...

Oh my goodness! congrats to you both! What a story.....I can't believe how fast you had him!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, it gives those of us who are awaiting second time around, hope in a BIG way. So thanks for that.

Enjoy your babymoon. ;)

heidi said...

what a great story! he is adorable, i can't wait to meet him, whenever that may be :)

Laney Garry said...

Welcome little Declan...what a sweet little boy! I'm a very proud Nana...my quiver of grandchildren is certainly filling up! You did good again Steph & Aaron! (Is it just me, or do I have the best looking grandchildren??)