Monday, January 8, 2007

Even Gloomier Days

So on friday night Aaron was in a car accident:( It happened at around 2:30am. He had been out with a couple guys from work and was coming home. I talked to him on the phone at 1:40am and he said he would be home in 45 minutes. His cell phone died after that so when I tried calling him there was no answer. Needless to say I was very worried. I definately felt led to pray for his safety and opened my Bible to Psalm 23 "The Lord is my shepherd..." The verse that popped out at me right away was "even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff they comfort me". I kept reading this over and over. I finally woke my mom up at 3:20am when I still hadn't heard from Aaron. She sat with me and prayed, that was my only comfort. Aaron finally called at 4:15am and told me he was in an accident! I felt so much relief to hear his voice but couldn't believe he had an accident. He had called from the ambulance using their cell phone. He had turned the car into what he thought was the fast lane but instead hit a curb than a pole. He was able to get out of the car and walk. He totaled his Honda Civic:( There must have been many angels protecting him because the police officer said at the speed he was going he should have been seriously injured even killed. He is very sore in his ribs from the airbag but that is all! I will post pictures of the car soon. Now he has to deal with ICBC:( Please pray for our future as it is uncertain. He will probably loose his drivers liscense. There are definite consequences for his actions that night. But God is a forgiving God and I am a forgiving wife. Thank you for praying!

3 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

I'm so sorry Stephanie. I have a nasty headache lousy and now I have a good excuse to cry. I'll pray for mercy and I hope that Aaron feels well soon.
We'll keep you in our prayers.

Bonnie said...

Thank God he's okay. Sounds very scary. We'll be keeping you all in our prayers.
B

lil said...

I posted a comment after the pictures instead of here!! ~saying I'd be praying for you, too!