Wednesday, January 31, 2007

An Ode to my Midwives!

I just found out the other day that there is no longer a midwifery clinic in abbotsford:(
I decided to go with the midwives after my cousin Echo had them deliver her baby. They came highly recommended and I couldn't agree more! My experience with them was amazing. Jane ended up delivering my baby but my visits with Katherine and Sharon were also very good. Every visit I had was at least 45min. to an hour long. It was once a month til 28 weeks than every 2 weeks til 36 weeks than every week. After I had Lilah they made 5 home visits! It was so much more than I could have asked for. They made me feel so good and they kept telling me how wonderful Lilah and I were doing and that she was thriving. They gave me so much good advice and happily answered any questions I had when I had to call after Lilah was born.
Jane and Katherine moved to the Island a couple months ago and Sharon is going to be working out of her home. I so hope to have her for my next pregnancy (whenever that may be). I have to say my pregnancy was such an amazing time for me. I absolutely loved the whole experience thanks to my midwives!

1 comment:

heidi said...

i just finished a really great book this morning called "baby catcher" by peggy vincent. she was a midwife in california during the 70's and 80's, mostly doing home births. every chapter is another birth story, and it was SO great! i got it from my mom for my birthday..she had read it and told me that i should only read it AFTER going through childbirth. i'm glad i waited!